Most people do not know there is more than one way to buy affordable kitchen cabinets that provide the beauty and functionality you want and the price you want to pay. Most people think there are only three price options: knock down, stock and custom cabinetry. You can take advantage of a little-known fact to get the beauty and flexibility of custom work for the same price as what most people think of as inexpensive kitchen cabinets.
The secret to affordable kitchen cabinets should not be a surprise to most consumers. The secret is to hire a top rated cabinetmaker with a purchasing agreement with a distributor of high quality stock cabinets. The cabinetmaker then customizes the stock cabinets, resulting in custom cabinets at the price of inexpensive stock cabinets.
Think for a moment about why people prefer custom cabinets when they remodel or upgrade from affordable kitchen cabinets. There are several reasons:
- They want custom for the beauty of high quality natural wood.
- They want cabinets made of a specific wood.
- They want a particular door style not typically available in affordable kitchen cabinets.
- They want a particular finish on the wood.
- They want cabinets fitted with specific organizational or accessibility inserts.
- They know they will want or need cabinets in sizes not available in less expensive kitchen cabinets.
- They want facings for doors on appliances, specialized appliances, such as refrigerated drawers or under-counter refrigerators or wine chillers.
- They want unique features for storage of pots and pans and lids or other custom storage and accessibility options.
- They want to add small units for canned goods, soups, canned drinks, etc., not usually available except in higher priced cabinetry.
Kitchens are once again becoming the center of family life. This means kitchens serve multiple purposes in the home. The purposes for which each family uses the kitchen suggest different configurations of cabinets and islands and appliances.
When you use a kitchen for family gatherings and for time spent together, kitchen cabinets are often used to store other items than you might ordinarily expect to find. For example, there might be a cabinet for board games or video games; a place where art supplies are stored; there might be a set of cabinets, shelves and drawers where homework supplies and resources are stored when children do their homework at the kitchen table.
For a different family, their kitchen cabinets might be configured in a way that makes it easy and comfortable to entertain while preparing meals. This kind of usage suggests a floor plan that brings guests into the intimacy and warmth of the kitchen but still keeps them out of the way of the cook – with an island, for example. This kitchen might also include a snacks and drinks configuration in the outward-facing side of the island – an under counter refrigerator and a refrigerated drawer.
Still another kitchen designed for someone who does a lot of cooking and baking, or in which two people cook together, will typically include several work areas – such as a baking area and a food preparation area. Lower priced kitchen cabinets often do not offer these options. This kitchen will have ample storage, a large number of specialty cabinets and shelving areas, as well as sufficient counter space to accommodate all of the cooks’ needs. This kitchen will also typically have multiple sinks, refrigerated units and possibly warming ovens, as well.
What most people think of as affordable kitchen cabinets will not easily accommodate these special needs and demands. If, however, you know the secret of getting custom cabinets at the price of lower quality affordable cabinets, you can have a kitchen that provides the beauty you want with the functionality you need at a price you can readily afford. Kitchen Cabinet Value has distributor agreements that can provide all of the benefits of custom cabinetry at affordable kitchen cabinet prices.